Mihari

Rework of the new UI

Since the last update, we have the new UI on console and PA gave us a worse user experience with it. I have heard this opinion from many players ingame in world and server chat, Reddit, Discord and here in the forum.

Since we all need the UI for most of our playing time and have a bad user experience at the moment, the changes will have a very high priority for me and adjustements must be done in short term.

Some problems suggestion from my side:

• The font size is on a 4K TV too small and difficult to read. Make the font size bigger or adjustable.
  • On a 4K, it is very difficult to see which menu item you have selected due to the narrow line. Make selected items more visible.
  • To accept follow-up quests you have to select and click several times. Make follow-up quests directly acceptable like before.
  • The new inventory windows is too compact and therefore confusing. Make the icons bigger and the arrangement like before.
  • It seems, all ship transfers has been removed (see for e.g. Altinova to Velia). Make ship transfers available again.
  • In general, UI controls has become more complex with the controller. Make it simpler and intuitive like before.

In general, we have now a more clean and complex UI with a lot of unnessary steps elsewere, which results in a less fluid and bad user experience. It seems, the UI was also primary created for mouse and keyboard navigation. It also seems, the new UI was created for a normal Full HD resolution (1920x1080). On a 4K TV, most of the UI elemets are too small or hardly readable.

If anyone has also suggestion on how to improve the new and worse UI, please don't hestitate to add your suggestions here.

@CM_Valtarra Can you please submit our feedback and suggestions to the developers since this is an urgent topic for us players.

Edited by Mihari
  • Like 1

Thank you for the suggestion, I can see you put a lot of thought into this. I will send this off to the devs today :)

CM Valtarra

• Thanks 1