Angelic_Romancer

Piku the Yeti... What is the point?

Why put an event boss with so much health/defense on an unpredictable time schedule and without shared health across all servers? Has anyone even beat him?

There are never enough people showing up to fight him and there's little time to get to him and fight him.

Why not just make him an event World Boss like the Halloween World Boss, Isabella? Then people can plan better and get there early and have the full time to fight him. 

• Like 1

I agree with this because 5 minutes to get to Alejandro's farm from where ever you're grinding at players will just be like "I won't make it in time and none of my Alts are near there either with matchlocks so I won't bother to try." Player who actually show up are so few in numbers than when the event initially started. Spawn time of 3 to 6 hours is not much for players to plan with because it's random and not set. 

Also not sure but is the green event frosted matchlock transferable between players?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Angelic_Romancer said:

Why put an event boss with so much health/defense on an unpredictable time schedule and without shared health across all servers? Has anyone even beat him?

There are never enough people showing up to fight him and there's little time to get to him and fight him.

Why not just make him an event World Boss like the Halloween World Boss, Isabella? Then people can plan better and get there early and have the full time to fight him. 

Has anyone even beat  him?  Yes ...

... but not often, for precisely the reasons the original poster stated.  The OP is right: it doesn't make sense to have an event where most people can't even participate because they never have a fair chance of getting to the event.  Most folks I have talked to have flat out said that they aren't even going to try, and consider the event to be a total failure.

Random timing, and only 5 minutes of warning?  I've missed far more hunts than I've participated in, because there was absolutely no possibility of getting there in time.  Or I was doing something else that was too costly to interrupt.  This needs to be on a fixed timetable, like Isabella!

Incidentally, It does not help that the broadcast announcement that he is appearing does not appear reliably.  Sometimes you hear the "roar" that indicates an event is happening but no corresponding popup message. Sometimes nothing at all. There are occasions where I would have missed him entirely had not other people called it out in chat.

• Like 1

I'd wager it's more towards the loot table for him does t justify dropping what your doing and heading there for a chance at a couple crystals or housing decorations also matchlocks can quickly run outta dura so players would need multiple to finish the fight 

1 hour ago, socalsktr said:

I'd wager it's more towards the loot table for him does t justify dropping what your doing and heading there for a chance at a couple crystals or housing decorations also matchlocks can quickly run outta dura so players would need multiple to finish the fight 

Another reason Piku should just be an event World Boss like Isabella. Everyone's efforts towards him would take away the durability problem.

Although I shot at him for 15 minutes and never reached 0 durability. 

i like that events such at this exist. I think they should just up rewards and perhaps ensure generally for bosses that your crystals wont break until ps5.

Rest is fine as it is.