3 minutes ago, Suso90 said:

I did not know I have xbox only for bdx game ps4 then 2 xbox jijiji

Its no problem

4 hours ago, Felipe Taekwon07 said:

truth next week we'll find out, I'm anxious to get started on bdo

Me too, been waiting a long time...super excited to begin!

We really won't know either way until the staff start telling us dates. I really wish they would release information and allow people to start planning. Keeping everyone in the dark is rather annoying.

5 hours ago, Ayumii_Katsumii said:

I can promise you it will not make an electric bill go up hardly at all lol how often are TVs left on 24/7 A lot of people keep their Xbox on anyways and most of they do turn it off don’t shut it down completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds. I personally don’t care about what the do with the life skills. People will still play either way if they are afk or active. 

Yea the other guys talking out his ass. My Xbox x has been on running not even in sleep mode since I got it day one. Same with any high end computer if vented properly you are just fine. Every now and then once every other week I'll shut it down a night or two but electricity and magical burning Xboxs are not my worries.

7 hours ago, Munekun said:

I don't know much about the game due to not having played It yet, but Isn't what Ayumii stated a bad thing? I thought It was wanted for the afk activities to be removed or changed on consoles as doesn't this mean you'll have to leave your console on to be able to fully take advantage of the life skills?

Depends on opinions. I like it because it brings nostalgia of hardcore gaming in early 2000's. I loved mmorpgs back then.  Nowadays everything is casualized, which Im Not big fan of, even though I hardly find the time to play. 

6 hours ago, Daventry said:

Yea the other guys talking out his ass. My Xbox x has been on running not even in sleep mode since I got it day one. Same with any high end computer if vented properly you are just fine. Every now and then once every other week I'll shut it down a night or two but electricity and magical burning Xboxs are not my worries.

Well ventilated and its fine? Dude do you know that silicon chip degrades over time due to heat? It doesn't matter how well ventilated it is it will still reach over 60 degrees when under load and that degrades its life. It doesn't have to be overheating for its lifespan to be reduced otherwise well ventilated consoles would last forever dont you think?

And lets not forget that cooler also degrades over time the more its used. In PC you can easily just buy new cooler but good luck getting one for One X.

Edited by Namus

43 minutes ago, Namus said:

Well ventilated and its fine? Dude do you know that silicon chip degrades over time due to heat? It doesn't matter how well ventilated it is it will still reach over 60 degrees when under load and that degrades its life. It doesn't have to be overheating for its lifespan to be reduced otherwise well ventilated consoles would last forever dont you think?

And lets not forget that cooler also degrades over time the more its used. In PC you can easily just buy new cooler but good luck getting one for One X.

Ive seen some coolers for one x but theyre probably ****. I might not be very knowledgeable about the specifics, but isnt the one x power distribution system prevents over heating? I mean, just shut down the screen when youre afk to reduce current consumption and it should be fine. Ofcourse theres the regular components wear off like some capacitors that might dry out over the years but the one x should handle bd for a while imo.

Again, imo - There would be a problem  with the og and maybe S models running bd afk for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Ive seen some coolers for one x but theyre probably ****. I might not be very knowledgeable about the specifics, but isnt the one x power distribution system prevents over heating? I mean, just shut down the screen when youre afk to reduce current consumption and it should be fine. Ofcourse theres the regular components wear off like some capacitors that might dry out over the years but the one x should handle bd for a while imo.

Again, imo - There would be a problem  with the og and maybe S models running bd afk for a long time.

And then there's me with my TV shutting down Xbox every damn time I shut the screen, even tho all options are disabled for that :D

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dr INF3NRO said:

Even if you turn off TV/Monitor Xbox still outputs HDMI signal its just not being displayed so it makes 0 difference in heat and power consumption. Same thing goes with playing in 1080p on One X its still rendered in 4K but then downscaled to fit the screen meaning there is absolutely 0 difference if you play in 4k or 1080p on One X when it comes to heat or power consumption.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:02 AM, Namus said:

Even if you turn off TV/Monitor Xbox still outputs HDMI signal its just not being displayed so it makes 0 difference in heat and power consumption. Same thing goes with playing in 1080p on One X its still rendered in 4K but then downscaled to fit the screen meaning there is absolutely 0 difference if you play in 4k or 1080p on One X when it comes to heat or power consumption.

yes and no. lets say ur afk fishin. the image displayed on the screen wont change. ur not movin and the game isnt workin to render the map as u travel. this means the console in that state will use less power than it would if u were movin. the same thing happens when you play a pc game. you can view the effect the on the fly renderin has on framerate in real time as well as temps and card usage. immediately after u stand still the usage instantly drops.

also the xbox one/s/x all use 2 prong power connectors which i believe are limited to 250w of max power. anything higher and they require 3 prong ones and 2 was a requirement for the xbox one and was talked about in interviews. in any case taking the xbox one x and watching a full on HD movie the consumption of the machine is around 65w. full load in an fps fast paced game uses about 170w and usage in a not so fast pased constantly rendering game or game state is around 100w of power. assumin that these numbers match the numbers when in bdo that means at $.15 per kwh u will use about $130 per year in extra power which equals about 1 mcdonalds meal or fast food meal per month. and xbox one (non x and s model) uses less power than that under full load because its 1080p instead of 4k. the x uses less power than my TV does and less than my PC does when i play bdo on there. running my console instead will actually SAVE me money on my electricity bill. the console is able to detect which res ur tv uses so it wont output 4k to a 1080p tv. that will also show as a reduced power consumption if anyone is willin to run the test themselves. i have a power meter and can check if it really bothers u but i dont want u arguin that the facts i lay out for u r wrong even after i tested them for u.

in any case all these numbers do is confirm that its not a huge deal to let the console run. the game isnt full blown afk farming like u think it is. fishin is really the only afk option that does anything. if you mean the strength/breath/health stuff then know once u reach lvl 30 there are no more gains for those and hittin the max lvl doesnt take long. in other words if theres no gain for doin it people wont do it. afk is available on PC and the majority of folks dont do that. they may afk when makin dinner or if they head to the store and know they are comin back shortly but at the end of the night they power their machines down just like everyone else.

the next thing to note is ur assumption of how long a console lasts is a mistake. there is no average life cycle or lifespan of ne console out there and anyone that tells u there is is dead wrong. the lifespan is very much effected by the consoles placement (in a sealed cabinet under the tv vs out in the open where it can breath) and also by how often it is cleaned. i cant tell u how many consoles folks have sent in for repair only to find huge amounts of dust clumped into the heatsink fins cloggin everything up. i myself blow out both consoles in my house every other month with compressed air. even the most clean houses have dust. this is somethin folks refuse or just dont know needs to happen. the same goes for PC's too. if u dont properly maintain ur system it will die...period.  i have a day one xbox one so thats what......almost 6 years old or somethin now?? it still works just fine and im sure thats due in part to me cleanin it properly instead of havin the "set it and forget it" mentality. thats also with hardcore eso grindin for hours and hours at a time. my one char has more hours than i care to admit on just that guy so i know i have ran that machine hardcore and its still goin.

everyones situation is different but its not fair to make claims of the game failin with these features until it actually comes out and u see the effects first hand. on the PC there arent any negative effects that i have seen in the year i have been playin so i dont expect the console to be ne different.

Edited by numnutz2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2018 at 8:02 AM, Namus said:

On BDMobile, when u are afk, u have a option to turn off all graphic rendering and your screen will display only the current time with your weight, inventory and durability... So, i believe they will do the same with xbox, but if don't, i will be  disappointed

image.thumb.png.73b52d642717bca2ec329dc20dce3af5.png

On 10/31/2018 at 1:33 PM, numnutz2005 said:

yes and no. lets say ur afk fishin. the image displayed on the screen wont change. ur not movin and the game isnt workin to render the map as u travel. this means the console in that state will use less power than it would if u were movin. the same thing happens when you play a pc game. you can view the effect the on the fly renderin has on framerate in real time as well as temps and card usage. immediately after u stand still the usage instantly drops.

also the xbox one/s/x all use 2 prong power connectors which i believe are limited to 250w of max power. anything higher and they require 3 prong ones and 2 was a requirement for the xbox one and was talked about in interviews. in any case taking the xbox one x and watching a full on HD movie the consumption of the machine is around 65w. full load in an fps fast paced game uses about 170w and usage in a not so fast pased constantly rendering game or game state is around 100w of power. assumin that these numbers match the numbers when in bdo that means at $.15 per kwh u will use about $130 per year in extra power which equals about 1 mcdonalds meal or fast food meal per month. and xbox one (non x and s model) uses less power than that under full load because its 1080p instead of 4k. the x uses less power than my TV does and less than my PC does when i play bdo on there. running my console instead will actually SAVE me money on my electricity bill. the console is able to detect which res ur tv uses so it wont output 4k to a 1080p tv. that will also show as a reduced power consumption if anyone is willin to run the test themselves. i have a power meter and can check if it really bothers u but i dont want u arguin that the facts i lay out for u r wrong even after i tested them for u.

in any case all these numbers do is confirm that its not a huge deal to let the console run. the game isnt full blown afk farming like u think it is. fishin is really the only afk option that does anything. if you mean the strength/breath/health stuff then know once u reach lvl 30 there are no more gains for those and hittin the max lvl doesnt take long. in other words if theres no gain for doin it people wont do it. afk is available on PC and the majority of folks dont do that. they may afk when makin dinner or if they head to the store and know they are comin back shortly but at the end of the night they power their machines down just like everyone else.

the next thing to note is ur assumption of how long a console lasts is a mistake. there is no average life cycle or lifespan of ne console out there and anyone that tells u there is is dead wrong. the lifespan is very much effected by the consoles placement (in a sealed cabinet under the tv vs out in the open where it can breath) and also by how often it is cleaned. i cant tell u how many consoles folks have sent in for repair only to find huge amounts of dust clumped into the heatsink fins cloggin everything up. i myself blow out both consoles in my house every other month with compressed air. even the most clean houses have dust. this is somethin folks refuse or just dont know needs to happen. the same goes for PC's too. if u dont properly maintain ur system it will die...period.  i have a day one xbox one so thats what......almost 6 years old or somethin now?? it still works just fine and im sure thats due in part to me cleanin it properly instead of havin the "set it and forget it" mentality. thats also with hardcore eso grindin for hours and hours at a time. my one char has more hours than i care to admit on just that guy so i know i have ran that machine hardcore and its still goin.

everyones situation is different but its not fair to make claims of the game failin with these features until it actually comes out and u see the effects first hand. on the PC there arent any negative effects that i have seen in the year i have been playin so i dont expect the console to be ne different.

Actually the only Bad thing i mentioned on the pc Version was the hard Drive consumption.

HDD died on an bdo only pc each 6 Month. Thats why bdo will get an external ssd on my Xbox 🙂

On 10/30/2018 at 11:06 AM, Namus said:

Yes its a bad thing it means you will have to keep the game running 24/7 or you lose out. Get ready to replace your Xbox every few months and get ready to pay much more for electricity.

Surely an Xbox is more durable than that lol. Replacing every few months? I really find that hard to believe an Xbox even with extreme use would last that little. I know my X runs WAY cooler than that PS4 Pro I have. that thing is so damn hot compared to my X running.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:21 PM, Foreverrgamer87 said:

I also don’t plan on doing much enhancing,I will buy every piece of gear already enhanced when I have the funds to do so,They’re plenty of ways to make  silver besides AFK.

That's how I did it on the PC Version. I rarely leave my PC on overnight now. Just AFKIng during the day for processing materials sometimes not even that. And you're right there are so many ways to make silver. That's one thing about BDO is silver isn't hard to make. I knew a lot of people who didn't go near the enhancing system and brought their gear. ^_^

50 minutes ago, Jinxys said:

Surely an Xbox is more durable than that lol. Replacing every few months? I really find that hard to believe an Xbox even with extreme use would last that little. I know my X runs WAY cooler than that PS4 Pro I have. that thing is so damn hot compared to my X running.

That's how I did it on the PC Version. I rarely leave my PC on overnight now. Just AFKIng during the day for processing materials sometimes not even that. And you're right there are so many ways to make silver. That's one thing about BDO is silver isn't hard to make. I knew a lot of people who didn't go near the enhancing system and brought their gear. ^_^

The xbox can run 24/7 365 without issues. The only time it has issues is when they overheat from bein placed in cabinets or with things blockin airflow around the console but that applies to ne console not just xbox. Another thing is the proper cleanin. U should blow it out every couple of months usin compressed air not just wipe the top with a rag...the killer is the dust buildup on the inside of the heatsink. In short if u take care of the console u will have 0 issues and the console will last years and years but if u abuse it expect it to abuse u by burnin out randomly. 

2 minutes ago, numnutz2005 said:

The xbox can run 24/7 365 without issues. The only time it has issues is when they overheat from bein placed in cabinets or with things blockin airflow around the console but that applies to ne console not just xbox. Another thing is the proper cleanin. U should blow it out every couple of months usin compressed air not just wipe the top with a rag...the killer is the dust buildup on the inside of the heatsink. In short if u take care of the console u will have 0 issues and the console will last years and years but if u abuse it expect it to abuse u by burnin out randomly. 

That makes sense thank you for the reply. I guess it's like any electronics that generate heat like that. if the heat cannot dissipate there are thermal issues. Good thing I have a little air compressor that i use to dust out my PC. I will do the same with my Xbox. It won't be nessecary to remove the cover of the X will it? I Kinda don't wanna do that.

And yep I got my console very well ventilated. I only got her this week so I will look after it like all my other gear hehe

4 minutes ago, Jinxys said:

That makes sense thank you for the reply. I guess it's like any electronics that generate heat like that. if the heat cannot dissipate there are thermal issues. Good thing I have a little air compressor that i use to dust out my PC. I will do the same with my Xbox. It won't be nessecary to remove the cover of the X will it? I Kinda don't wanna do that.

And yep I got my console very well ventilated. I only got her this week so I will look after it like all my other gear hehe

If the console is layin flat infront of u with the power button on the right side u want to blow air in on the right side where the little air grate is located that runs along the entire side. The next spot is located on the back of the console right above the hdmi plugs. U will see metal fins evenly spaced out. U want to blow air directly into there and notice where dust blows out from when u do it because u will the blow into those locations. 

On the non x console its similar but easier because u can blow directly into the top side with the fan just changin the angle of the air nozzel to keep air blowin randomly. I use my compressor at about 50psi with my hose and small tipped point to make it blow directional with more force. U dont have to take anything apart and it keeps things nice and cleaned out. This is especially useful for folks with cats and dogs. Car fur goes everywhere even if u clean it up multiple times a week. I have an air purifier in my room and even with that u get some small dust in there from the air vents for heating and cooling in ur house so u cant remove dust 100% no matter how clean u try to be. 

Im sure some console fail for no reason at all but they are rare. In the many consoles i have worked on theres almost always a problem with clogged up heatsinks caused by people forgettin that the inside of the machine needs to be blown out too not just the outside of the case. Whatever landed on the consoles exterior is also inside of it so over time it really builds up and heat soaks the main board reducin its life. 

This is also good for laptops both macs and windows and most of all desktops which collect the most dust of ne thing i have repaired lol. Sorry for the long posts but if u need more details and pics feel free to pm me and i can send u pics of the spots to blow out.

• Like 1