So... I seriously need a bdo upgrade..

I currently have an OG ps4.. should I get a ps4 pro? Or just get an ssd for my crappy og ps4?

10 hours ago, Foojabi said:

So... I seriously need a bdo upgrade..

I currently have an OG ps4.. should I get a ps4 pro? Or just get an ssd for my crappy og ps4?

I have an Xbox One X with Samsung T5 external SSD and it's OK so I assume you would need a pro with ssd to see a difference. Don't expect wonders though cause pro has less power than One X and believe me, it doesn't perform like I wish it was. 

On the flip side.. is there really a point in investing in new hardware when next gen consoles are likely to launch in November? 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777

That what I was thinking. Which is why I'm considering just getting an internal ssd for my current ps4

Hey @Foojabi,

i also have  an OG PS4 - currently running a samsung t5 external ssd with it. Tbh a ps4 pro isnt worth it in my opinion. Sure the game runs smoother as far as i know. I wouldnt buy an internal ssd - the costs are minimal lower then an external but you can use your external for upcoming ps5 or something else (pc etc..).

For me the game runs faster now, i dont have loading walls, i can see people in rbf, i can switch between my character within 20 seconds and i only got 1 bluescreen since i use my ssd.

The OG ps4 runs better then the slim version or some newer ps4 versions. I would try the t5, evo 860 or SanDisk Extreme.

greets lip

External is too slow for this game, and I am not going to bother upgrading my PS4 with a SSD when PS5 is going to be out in months.  IT's just not worth it.  The problem your going to reach with an external SSD is the data rate bottleneck from the cable and the bus speed of the PS4 motherboard.  Honestly I can wait I been PvPing since a lot of these players were babies or 5-10 years old.  Waiting for a few months so  can enjoy NW and RBF isn't a big deal to me.

7 minutes ago, ludiusvox said:

External is too slow for this game, and I am not going to bother upgrading my PS4 with a SSD when PS5 is going to be out in months.  IT's just not worth it.  The problem your going to reach with an external SSD is the data rate bottleneck from the cable and the bus speed of the PS4 motherboard.  Honestly I can wait I been PvPing since a lot of these players were babies or 5-10 years old.  Waiting for a few months so  can enjoy NW and RBF isn't a big deal to me.

I don't know where you get your info from but there are external ssd's quick enough that will change the way the game performs so don't spread misinformation unless you own one.

I've bought and can personally recommend a 250 GB Samsung Portable SSD T5. I got it for my xbox one x months ago specifically for bdx and it significantly improved game's performance to the point where node wars are actually a thing, not a stupid slideshow. 

Edited by Rocketfuel77777
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ludiusvox said:

You are misinformed. An external SSD has a load time difference of about 0.4 seconds compared to an internal. I’ve tested both. As for general performance. Roaming the world etc? They are identical. And it will provide a huge boost in performance over the standard PS4 hardware.
Weather it’s worth it or not? That’s up to the individual. How much they are invested in the game. How much expendable income they have.

And as you’ve stated we have the PS5 launch this year. So picking up an external SSD is financially more astute. As it’s such a minuscule  difference to the internal SSD. You would be able to use the external SSD for other tasks once the PS5 comes out. Work. Collage/School work Etc.

The Samsung T5 is an excellent recommendation as the person above has forwarded. I have the same model.

• Like 2